Monday, April 29, 2013

Something Borrowed



As I grow a little (or a lot) larger each week, it seems like getting dressed is getting tougher and tougher.  Luckily, I have been blessed with the gift of three huge tubs of borrowed maternity clothes!

The first one was actually from someone that I've never even met. A friend of my mom’s sent a bin of great clothes that had some particularly good “work tops”. It also featured the dress that I ended up wearing to the shower that Joy hosted for us. 

Then my friend Olivia put a HUGE cherry on top with two huge bins of preggo clothes.  We’re talkin’ dresses, shirts, tanks and more!  One of my favorite things is this amazing pair of pajama pants.  James lovingly refers to them as my “ICPs” – ice cream pants. 

Sneak Peak of the ICPs



At any rate, thanks to the amazing generosity of others, I've only purchased a small handful of things for myself.

This includes:

2 Pair of Jeans (since I’m so much shorter than the other ladies, I needed my own pants!)
1 Pair of Black Pants
1 Black Skirt – on Clearance!
6 Dresses – 3 work-ish, 3 Casual-ish (two were on clearance, one of them was only $7 and I’ve worn it almost every week!)


Not too shabby, right?


I just wanted to take this opportunity to send a big “Thank You” to the awesome folks that have contributed to my wardrobe for the past 8 months!  Let’s all hope that I don’t get too much bigger so I have enough to fit for the next month...


No comments:

Post a Comment