Monday, April 1, 2013

31 Weeks, Peeps!


Last week was packed full of baby-ness, so I thought I would share an update!

We had a doctor’s appointment on Thursday and James was able to come with me, which is always nice. Baby is very healthy and is right on track! I will never tire of hearing that heartbeat (which was at a rate right at 130).

Here are some pics we took goofing off while waiting for the doctor.





The next part of our weekend was dedicated to our childbirth class.  It was held on Friday from 6:30-9p and Saturday 9a-5p.  It was marathon!  I feel much more prepared now, though admittedly a little overwhelmed.

Our favorite part was the hospital tour. I liked seeing the delivery room and nursery—it all feels very real now.

During part of the class, the teacher asked the husbands to provide backrubs.  I was so impressed that James kept going LONG after the other husbands quit.  What a sweet husband, right?

I could write much more about the class, but I think I will wait until a later post.

Let’s get to the questions:


How far along? 31 Weeks

How big is baby? Over three pound ( like carrying 4 navel oranges according to babycenter.com

Maternity clothes?   Oh yea

Sleep: Luckily, sleep is still easy once I get comfy.  There is the little issue of waking up to use the restroom, but it usually isn’t too big of a problem.

Best moment this week:  Daydreaming about future Easter Egg hunts with Baby G.


Movement: Baby G has been super-active lately!  I love it!

Food cravings: Nope.  Though the Easter candy was delightful.

Food Aversions: Still not a fan of peppers

Gender: ??

Pregnancy Symptoms:  My crazy dry skin has eased up a lot, thank goodness.  Now my only really discomfort is back pain.

Belly Button in or out?  In

What I miss:  Sitting comfortably without back pain

What I am looking forward to: My amazing work-mom is throwing a baby shower for me this weekend.  I can’t wait!!  

Upcoming appointments/events:  My next appointment is April 12.

Weekly Wisdom: Two tennis balls plus an old sock make the best massage tool ever!

Milestones:  We made it through our child birth class—woohoo!


Bump Picture: It isn’t really a "bump" picture, but here is a pic we took on EasterJ.




1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! You look awesome :-) Can't wait to read about the next update.

    ReplyDelete