Friday, February 1, 2013

Home Interrupted


The last week has been a little crazy in the Gilbert household.  What started as a tiny puddle of water in our bathroom has turned in to a mini-disaster.  Okay, I admit that I am being a little dramatic, but it FEELS like a big deal.

A pipe burst in our bathroom last week, which apparently caused some water damage.  We've had a team of plumbers and restoration folks in our home all week trying to help us get things back to normal. 

There’s a little machine in our bathroom keeping everything nice and dry now:




Hopefully, they can fix the floors soon, and life can go back to normal!

 A special thank you to Dori and Claude for watching Brighton during all of this.  I think he would go crazy around all of the workers. Plus, Brighton LOVES Camp Candlewood!




In other news, we hope to paint the nursery soon.   I’m being very indecisive about the color and am slowly trying to narrow it down. I’m going for a grayish-blue (I think).

What do you think?  Gender-neutral is harder than I thought.



I’ve ruled out “D” since it looks a little purple-ish.  

Okay, I suppose that's all for today!  Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!  And Go Ravens!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the leak! For what it's worth, I think A&C are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will vote for C...but it's always hard to really know from a picture. Wish I lived closer, and I'd come check it out! I hope it turns out the way you want it the first time (unlike ours which had to be repainted by my mom because I hated what it looked like the first coat/color). Also, boo to the leak and the water damage. What a cruddy thing to deal with while being pregnant. Glad y'all got some people to get it all fixed, and I hope that will be the last house problem you have (at least until baby comes and destroys something)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Thanks for not making me prove I'm not a robot.

    ReplyDelete