Monday, February 25, 2013

Patience


My sweet husband made me a CD for Valentine’s Day and it had this great song on it called “Emmylou”.  One of the lines has been on my mind so much since I heard it…

“Now so much I know that things just don't grow
If you don't bless them with your patience”

Take a listen, it’s a beautiful song:



I’m not a very patient person and it is something that I have been trying to work on lately.   

In fact, when we first decided to try and have a baby, I was not very patient about it at all.  I had my mind made up, I was ready!  Why didn't it happen immediately?  James was always great about reminding me that the best things grow out of patience.

I feel like I am constantly struggling with being patient.  I wonder what I can do to help Baby Gilbert grow up to be a loving, patient person.  That’s definitely a flaw that I don’t want to pass down!

Anyway, that’s what is buzzing through my brain as I am about to leave work on this rainy evening. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the patience I still struggle with that and I have to say my mama is the most patient person I have ever met. I wonder if it comes with age?

    ReplyDelete