Thursday, January 24, 2013

21 Week Check In


What an exciting few weeks! I know I already wrote about the ultrasound but I still think about it all the time.

Last weekend, our nursery furniture construction was completed!  James and his brother, Thomas, put together the crib over the holidays. Then last weekend my dad came over and he and James got to work! 

They worked on the dresser which we knew would be tough.  Good job guys!



After Dad left, James was still on a roll. He knocked out the dresser all by himself.  It was as if all of his Lego projects were leading up to this moment:



When I fell in love with our furniture from IKEA I thought that it would be a challenge to assemble.  I am so lucky to have a husband that loves putting things together and such good helpers!

And now for the questions:

How far along? 21 Weeks 

How big is baby? As long as a carrot!

Maternity clothes?  Mostly yes.  A lot of my old dresses still fit, though they may look a little funny. 

Sleep: I still like sleep.

Best moment this week:  Last week we saw the ultrasound, I am still on cloud 9 from that J

Movement: A lot more movement—it feels like popcorn popping inside my stomach

Food cravings: No really

Food Aversions: Not at this point

Gender:  ???    

Pregnancy Symptoms:  heart burn!  Also a little morning sickness this week.  Weird, right?

Belly Button in or out? In 

What I miss:  I’m all good right now.

What I am looking forward to: Picking out a paint color (I’m looking forward to getting that over with.  That’s tough stuff for an indecisive person!)

Upcoming appointments/events:  Pretty chill week ahead!  My friends are throwing a baby shower for me in March and I am already looking forward to it!

Weekly Wisdom: Hmm.  Maybe I’ll delete this question.  I never have any wisdom.

Milestones:  Nursery furniture construction complete!  Good job James, Thomas and Dad!!

Bump Picture:  (you can see the construction action in the background)






2 comments:

  1. Ok, I LOVE the little question section you are including! That is such a fabulous idea. That furniture is to die for also. You look super adorable...hope I get to see you in person soon. (I will follow your blog officially when I get a chance to do it from my laptop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartburn totally sucks, but mine completely disappeared immediately after Avery was born. If it gets bad, ask your Dr. about taking Zantac. It saved my life. A little milk at night would give me relief long enough to fall asleep too. Enjoy your popcorn popping in your belly. It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete