Monday, June 3, 2013

About That Time!

Tomorrow is my due date. It’s weird to write that.

I know that I've had 40 weeks to adjust to this life-change but it still seems so outrageous sometimes.  There are days that I look at my stomach and I just stare in disbelief: There’s a person growing in there!

On the material side of things, I feel completely ready.  We have all of the STUFF that I think we need to bring an extra life in our home.  We’re ready to rock with clothes, diapers, a car seat, breast pump – the whole nine yards.



On the physical side of things, I feel absolutely ready!  I’ve actually really enjoyed most of my pregnancy; the last few weeks have been challenging but I know they will be worth it.  I've ballooned in to a swollen ball of mush with lots of lower back pain due to this weird pinched nerve thing.

For real, this “shirt” was purchased as a dress.



On the mental side of things, I feel a little emotional as the pregnancy-life ends and the baby-life begins.   I really love my life right now.  I know it will only be filled with more love in the future, but I have a little anxiety about giving up all of the time that I currently have with our little family (read: James and Brighton).

These two guys are my world!





James and I have been trying to go on as many dates as possible over the past few weeks and it is all very bittersweet.  

All that being said, I am very ready to meet baby Gilbert!  Will it be a boy or a girl? I can hardly wait to find out!  





4 comments:

  1. I can't believe the time is here. The nursery looks great and baby will love it! It's definitely going to be a big change and take a while to adjust, but you're going to love being a mommy! I can hardly stand the wait and excitement for one of my best friends to become one of my best mom friends! If it's a girl, Katharine Elizabeth makes a nice name :-) love y'all and best of luck for a quick and easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thinks it's a boy too! You're in our thoughts and prayers. Any day now! Woo hoo!
    Jason & Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any day now! So excited for y'all! P.S. I think it's a girl (just to be different :)

    ReplyDelete