Monday, June 10, 2013

41 Weeks.

Well here we are at 41 weeks.  For those of you that I've spoken with today, you already know that I have been a wee bit (okay, extremely) emotional about Baby Gilbert’s arrival. 

I always envisioned a delivery that started naturally when Baby decided to get things a-going.  Now that the doctors are ready to set an induction day, I am a little hesitant.  I know it isn't a huge deal; it just is not the way I thought it would play out. 

I’m still hoping that Baby will come on his/her own accord over the next few days before we get to the induction point. But, I think I am at peace knowing that it will all go the way it is supposed to.

I was talking to my cousin, Staci, today.  She pointed out that our babies (were due 2 days apart) will be 3 weeks apart.  Crazy, huh? 

Well, I suppose I’ll wrap it up so I can spend some quality time with my fur-child while he is still the only baby.    


How far along? 41 Weeks

How big is baby?  Big. I can see it’s little tush moving around right now!

Maternity clothes?   Obviously.

Sleep: Falling asleep is easy.  Getting very crampy in the middle of the night.  Still waking up frequently for bathroom!

Best moment this week:  Sorry WLTX, but leaving work today was the best feeling ever.  I've been very lucky to work with a supportive group, but wrapping things up and heading out felt wonderful.

 
Movement: LOTS

Food cravings: None really

Food Aversions: Still not a fan of peppers

Gender: Can’t wait to find out!!

Pregnancy Symptoms: I had a weird nerve thing in my lower back/upper butt (if indeed “upper butt” is a body part).  It has subsided today, thanks goodness!

Belly Button in or out?  In.

What I miss:  Wearing cute clothes and shoes? I also miss: my wedding rings, climbing in and out of the car with ease, picking up my dog…

What I am looking forward to: Meeting baby soon!

Upcoming appointments/events:  Birth!

Weekly Wisdom:  My friend Shanna encouraged me to let go of any “plans” and just go with what Doctors say is best for baby.  She knows her stuff folks!

Milestones:  We've had two post-due date ultrasounds. I know these aren’t “milestones” but they have been so special!  Baby has some big lips and was moving them around today.  I think it has my nose ;)

Bump Picture:Sorry, I haven’t taken one today and I’m not re-dressing to do so!  A cute picture of Baby G will have to suffice!



1 comment:

  1. eeek! What a cutie! This baby needs to hurry :-) But yeah, I totally agree with Shanna that you can't really have a plan...just go with the flow! Love you, mean it.

    ReplyDelete