Sunday, March 12, 2017

Dear Barr - 3 (and 2!) Months

Dear Barr,

The past few months have been incredible and we've really come into our own as a family of four. Your brother LOVES you.  He is constantly asking for permission to hold you, touch you, play with you, etc. 

You are the sweetest little man and we are so lucky that you are (usually) very chill. 

This month also began my time back at work, which was very hard for me. I love my job, and I realize that I am certainly not cut out to be a stay-at-home-mom. But, I miss our days together. During the work-week, our time together is so short. It has been a rough transition, I'll admit. We are BEYOND lucky that team-grandma is on hand to Barr-tend for a few months before we start daycare in a few months.


Size:

At your two-month check up (which was actually a few weeks after you turned two weeks) you clocked in at 12 lbs and 3 ounces (30th percentile) and 23.5 inches (51st percentile). Your head circumference was 42 cm (98th percentile) which earned you the nickname, Baby Big Head. 








Sleeping:

At two months, you were doing five to six hour stretches. I began to doubt you'd make it through the night in the near future.  But then, right at 12 weeks you did it! You are now typically sleeping at least 10 hours a night, sometimes 11. I can't even express how relieved and grateful I am for this! These long stretches of sleep have been amazing, and the timing in perfect since I am back at work, and need my brain!

Naps are not your forte, but I'll trade that for the night time sleep, happily!  I am confident that will work itself out as you get a little bigger.

You're still sleeping in our room, swaddled in your Rock and Play. I anticipate that the crib transition will occur soon. 

 



Feeding:

You've recently bumped up to nearly 5 ounces in your bottle, about every three hours. I am pumping and bottle feeding, which is working well for now.  We supplement about one bottle a day, and I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to keep up with your growing demands. I'm committed to keeping it up as long as I can, and we take it one pump at a time.





Personality:

You have such a sweet disposition. You get a little fussy when you are tired, but, so do I, so I can't say much about that. 






Development:

You skills include: smiling, laughing, grabbing, trying to swat at things, making eye contact, and being adorable. You are starting to hold your head up a tad, too!




Though I think that sometimes you resemble your brother, you certainly have your own look!

Big Dude 1
Big Dude 2




I am so glad that you are here and we are getting in our groove more and more every day. Thank you for being such a sweet baby. I am excited to get to know you even more and am so happy that you are here!





No comments:

Post a Comment