Sunday, March 20, 2016

Christmas Throwback

What better day to blog about Christmas, than Saint Patrick’s Day, right?

It feels a bit ridiculous to reminisce about the winter holidays when it is a sunny 80 degrees outside, but since this was the best Christmas of my life, I feel compelled to do a quick blog post. I’m incredibly tardy, but I work hard at my job and play hard with my kiddo, and nap hard when he naps. That doesn’t leave much time for this—but I do want to hang on to the memories if I can! So here goes…

If you’ve never had the luxury of spending Christmastime with a toddler, I highly recommend that you try it one day.  While this was not Doster’s first Christmas, it is certainly the first one that he could engage in the fun on a high-awareness level and it was so joyful experiencing everything through his eyes!

Skipping ahead to the good stuff – I’m happy to present a few videos of Christmas Morning.






Doster was very consistent that he wanted a bike, maracas and a helmet for Christmas. As you can see, he was very confused when he didn’t see them.

Here are just a few stream of stream of conscious things that I want to remember.
·       Obsession with Christmas lights
  • Sheer joy when opening his avengers action figures at Dawkins Family Christmas
  • Past-bedtime-ness at full capacity on every night
  • Zoo lights
  • Cookie decorating
  • Very chill with Santa (no meltdowns – just stuck to the typical “bike, helmet, maracas)
  • Love of Rudolph (the song, not the clay-mation class, maybe next year?)
  • I had to travel a lot for work the weeks before the holidays, it was tough on both of us!
  • Adoration of the neighbor’s yard with crazy decorations
  • Confusion about Christmas vs Christmastime (“Is today Christmas mommy?” - everyday)
  • Christmas parties
  • Stocking obsession
  • Discovery of Reese’s peanut butter cups 





And now for a hodge-podge of photos and videos!


Zoo Lights


Cousin Love At Dawkins Family Christmas





Awesome Christmas Party at the Hornes's

Grown Up Christmas Party

Candlewood Christmas

Pancake Christmas Eve Breakfast-- a fav tradition!


Happy Kiddo



I thought he wanted the helmet to accompany his bike, but quickly learned that this is a "football" helmet. 



Ninja Bread Cookies at Grammy's House!



No comments:

Post a Comment